Outstanding Teacher Programme 2017/18
The OTP empowers teachers to consistently deliver high-quality teaching and learning. Through practical and interactive development sessions, participants will build confidence as they generate ideas and strategies on how to improve their practice.
The course will provide teachers with:
- The ability to raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning.
- Develop a common language to discuss teaching and learning.
- The ability to coach colleagues and pupils in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels.
- Raise performance in the classroom by encouraging creativity and developing more innovative practice.
- Demonstrate a higher level of understanding of teaching.
What will the programme involve?
The facilitators have been accredited with a certificate for delivering Outstanding Teacher Programme through Olevi.
Each programme comprises of six whole day sessions over six weeks. Within this, there are linked practical ‘In-school’ tasks which take place in your own and another participant’s school.
The OTP is facilitated by outstanding primary and special school practitioners through face-to-face sessions and classroom observations. Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning.
This Programme forms part the school’s professional development provision as this supports the implementation of agreed best practice and national agendas
They are linked practical tasks back in participants' own schools including applying what has been learned through observation.
- Be consistently ‘Good’ with the potential to become ‘Outstanding’ teachers
- Have a strong commitment to Teaching and Learning and show that they are inspiring individuals with strong interpersonal skills. Who are role models for students
- Have at least 3 years teaching experience
- Have a commitment both to continuing their professional development the ability to truly reflect on their practice, including using student feedback to evaluate the impact of their teaching
- There is an expectation that participants will attend all of the sessions.
- Participants will be required to complete the post session challenges and will require time to complete these tasks between sessions.
- Participants will be expected to present back to staff in their own setting following the completion of the programme.
- Heads of schools will be expected to complete an evaluation of the presentation.
- The impact of the programme on participants' schools will be jointly evaluated approximately six months after the completion of the programme.
£500 per delegate. All resources and refreshments will be provided. Lunch will be provided. Please book by 18th October 2017. We reserve to choice to cancel this course if not viable. Payment is required by 31st September 2017
Participants become much more reflective about their teaching and much more aware of how to make their lessons consistently outstanding. This includes placing greater emphasis on:
- The purpose of the value of their lessons
- Raising levels of engagement in learning
- The use of different teaching styles to challenge learning
- Greater readiness to innovate and take risks
- More reflective planning.
Most participants find the coaching element a highlight, enabling them to understand the importance of the relationship between ‘outstanding teaching’ and ‘professional coaching’. The impact of the programme is reinforced through independent assessments by schools using qualified inspectors, review teams or AST assessors.
Successful participants have achieved more formal recognition in the form of Excellent Teacher Status, Advanced Skills Teacher (AST), and Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) accreditation. More informal achievements have been recognised with endorsed coaching qualifications and Leadership responsibilities in Teaching and Learning back in their own school.
2017 OTP Draft Programme
Wednesday 1st November 17 - Teaching and Learning
Wednesday 8th November 17 - Power of Coaching
Wednesday 15th November 17 - Teaching and Learning
Wednesday 22nd November 17 - Power of Coaching
Wednesday 29th November 17 - Visits
Wednesday 6th December 17 - Teaching and Learning
|Event Date||01-11-2017 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||01-11-2017 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||18-10-2017|