National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
What is the NPQH programme?
To achieve the NPQH qualification, you’ll need to successfully complete three essential and two elective modules involving extended case studies and related in-school assignments with a stronger focus on leading teaching, behaviour and performance management.
• It provides you with a credible, valid and reliable final assessment report to support governing body interview panels and give you the competitive edge when applying for headships
• It has been designed in collaboration with some of the country’s leading headteachers and academics to give a balance between academic rigour and applied leadership.
• The flexible modular structure combines core elements with the freedom to specialise or develop your own areas of professional interest.
• The in-school placement combines a whole-school strategic leadership task with the opportunity to work alongside an experienced headteacher in a different context.
What modules can I study?
• Leading and improving teaching
• Leading an effective school
• Succeeding in headship
• Curriculum development
• Leading inclusion: achievement for all
• Closing the gap
• Using data and evidence to improve performance
• Leading staff and effective teams
• Leading change for improvement
• School improvement through effective partnerships
• Free school leadership: relationships and reputation
• Free school leadership: freedoms and constraints
Who is this programme suitable for?
NPQH is ideal if you are motivated to be a headteacher and are no more than about 12-18 months from applying for headship posts. You’ll need to have the full support and endorsement of your headteacher, line manager or sponsor, and they will also have to commit to playing an active role in your learning, encouraging and promoting your involvement in leadership and other professional development opportunities. Colleagues who are already headteachers and who are seeking some high quality and nationally recognised CPD are also encouraged to apply.
|Event Date||08-11-2017 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||08-11-2017 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||18-10-2017|